- 1/2 cup of lentils and fried refreshed
- 1/2 cup of lima beans and fried refreshed
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 2 lemon juice
- 5cm of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into julienne
- 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons of chopped salted peanuts and dry roasted, crushed
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 serrano chili, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of peanut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Soak overnight lima beans and lentils in two separate bowls filled with water with a teaspoon of baking soda in each bowl.
Place the julienned ginger and lemon juice in a jar and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
The next day, drain and thoroughly dry lima beans and lentils.
Heat oil in a pan and fry the beans and lentils separately until golden brown. Drain and reserve. In a bowl, combine cabbage, onion, pepper, sesame seeds, peanuts, fish oil, peanut oil, pickled ginger, lemon juice, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup each lentils and lima beans then mix.
Taste and add the oil and sauce if necessary. Let stand for about 5-10 minutes and serve.