- 400 g of boneless pork loin
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- Char Sui Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of maltose syrup or liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Kuei Lu Chiew Mei (Chinese liquor)
- 1 teaspoon of 5 spice
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3 teaspoon of red dye
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of glutamate
Cut the pork into medium size pieces .
In a bowl put the soy sauce, the red dye, honey or maltose, five spice, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, and alcohol.
Pour 2/3 of the sauce then add Char Sui sauce, glutamate, baking soda, oil and crushed garlic cloves. Marinate 24 hours in the fridge.
Brush over with remaining sauce and cook meat to 230 ° C for 20 minutes, and watch carefully the pieces of loin and turn occasionally, until caramelized the pieces.
Serve with white rice and a spicy sauce or the hoisin sauce according to your preference.