- 1,5 kg of chicken
- 3 tablespoons of ghee or oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds (optional)
- 10 curry leaves
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 2 peeled and crushed tomatoes
- 6 capsules of cardamom crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 stalk lemongrass or 2 pieces of lemon zest
- 1 cup of coconut cream
Cut chicken, separate the white of the wings and the drumsticks of the thighs. Leave whole the wings and drumsticks.
Heat ghee in a pan, fry fenugreek and curry leaves until they start to brown, add onions, garlic, ginger, turmeric, chilli, coriander, cumin, fennel, paprika, saltand vinegar and mix well.
Add chicken pieces and stir over medium heat so they are well coated with spices. Add tomatoes, cardamom, cinnamon and lemon grass and
cover and let simmer over low heat for 50 minutes.
Add the coconut milk, a little lemon juice.
Serve with rice and side dishes.