- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups of long grain rice
- 4 cups of hot water
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 2 carrots cut into julienne
- 12 green beans cut into julienne
- ½ cup of red or green pepper diced
- 1 small potato peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen peas
- almonds and dry grapes
Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and brown the onion and garlic over low heat, then add rice and fry for 2 minutes over medium heat.
Pour hot water, salt and garam masala and bring to boil. Cover and cook 10 minutes over low heat.
Add vegetables in the pressure cooker and add salt and cook 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender but not overcooked.
Remove cover and let stand a few minutes. Mix vegetables and rice, garnish with the fries almonds in butter and a dry grapes.
Serve with curries.