- 4 1/2 cups of coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon peel or stalk fresh lemongrass
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg or mace grated
- 1/4 teaspoon of powdered cloves
- 1 daun salam or 3 curry leaves
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 500 g of long grain rice
Put the coconut milk, salt and all spices and herbs in a large saucepan.
Bring to boil and when the mud, add the rice, cover and cook 25 minutes over low heat until the coconut milk is fully absorbed.
Serve hot with fried chicken, curry and spicy sambals.