- 12 chilis serrano or Thaï
- 2 jalapeno chili
- 3 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 mushrooms diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 cup of feta or crumbled farmer cheese
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro chopped
Cut the chilis lengthwise and remove seeds under running water. Coarsely chop all the chilis and reserve.
Cook onion, mushrooms and garlic over medium heat for about 5 minutes until onion is translucent. Add the chilis, tomatoes, ginger and salt, mix well and cook for about 7-10 minutes, until chilis are slightly scorched, then add cheese and cook, stirring constantly until melted.
Garnish with cilantro and serve warm or lukewarm with rice.