- 300 g of rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of chopped dried shrimps
- 1 cup of tofu cut into small pieces (or chicken, shrimp)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 tablespoon of chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- 2 lemons
- thaï chives
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of tamarind juice
Here is an authentic recipe found in the streets of Bangkok.
Put the rice noodles in warm water 10 to 15 minutes to rehydrate, drain and set aside.
Put oil in wok and fry garlic, the dried shrimp and tofu until the garlic becomes golden brown.
Then add the rice noodles and stir on high heat, cook until noodles are cooked. Reduce heat slightly and add all sauce ingredients : sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce and the concentrated of tamarind . Mix well.
Make a place on the right side of the wok, then add eggs and cook then mixed into the noodles. Add the peanuts then bean sprouts and let them cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve the noodles in plates or bowls and garnish with lime wedges, the thaï chives or cilantro.