- 400 g of egg noodles
- 200 g of mixed vegetables (carrots, potatoes …)
- 200 g of spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ Yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon of chopped ginger
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon of thyme
- 3 fresh chilies
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of mustard oil (or vegetable oil with mustard)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Peel and cut carrots into rounds and potatoes into 6 pieces and set aside.
Cook noodles in boiling salted water then drain, rinse and reserve.
In a pan heat two tablespoons of mustard oil, add onions, fry until light brown.
Add the cumin, turmeric, garlic, ginger, and chilies, stir well for 1 or 2 minutes.Then add the vegetables and cook for 10 minutes.
Add tomatoes, soy sauce, yogurt, broth, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper to vegetables and cook until vegetables are tender.
Add the noodles and spinach into the stew and cook for 1 or 2 minutes longer.
Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.