- a green mango
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of nuoc mam sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup dried shrimp
- 1 shallot
- 1 teaspoon of fresh bird pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon of chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon of Thai basil
- 2 tablespoons of chopped roasted peanuts crushed
Peel and grate the mango. Soak the dried shrimp in ½ cup of water for 30 minutes then drain well.
Chop the mint, the green onion, thai basil and mince shallot.
Heat a small saucepan lightly oiled, add the dried shrimp and saute quickly enough to give them a nice crunchy texture.
Transfer to a blender and blend coarsely and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine lime juice, nuoc mam sauce, sugar, salt and fresh chili .
Add shallots, mango, shrimp, mint, the green onion and the thai basil, mix well so that are homogeneous and sprinkle with crushed peanuts.