- 3 tablespoon of soy sauce (Kecap Manis)
- 3 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 2 kg of blue swimming crabs
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons of butter
- 1 ½ tablespoon of fresh grated ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon of white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of ground coriander
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons of water
Put soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and 3 tablespoons of water in small bowl, stir and set aside.
Pulling on the apron of each crab, remove the top shell, then the feathery gills and viscera. Rinse quickly.
Cut each crab into quarters and break the legs gently.
Heat oil in a wok over high heat, add the crab pieces and stir fry 5 minutes until the shell became bright orange and well-cooked meat.
Add butter, ginger, garlic, chilli, black and white pepper and coriander to the wok. Sauté 30 seconds.
Add sauce mixture, stir and bring to a boil, then simmer 2 minutes. Return the crab to the wok and stir to coat in sauce.
Cook 2-3 minutes to finish cooking the crab, then garnish with onions and coriander leaves.