- 500 g of raw shrimp
- 1 teaspoon of ground Sichuan pepper
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch mixed with a little water
- Oil for frying
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons of bread crumbs
- 10 g of spring onions
- a few lettuce leaves
Shell the prawns leaving the tails. Cut them into 2 in lengthwise on the belly, leaving the tails firmly attached.
In a bowl marinate the prawns with pepper, the soy sauce, the rice wine and cornstarch for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil on medium heat in a deep fryer to a medium temperature.
Beat eggs slightly, dip except the tail, prawns one by one in the egg and then roll them in bread crumbs.
Gently place the prawns in oil and fry until nicely browned. Remove them and drain them on absorbent paper.
Place them on a bed of lettuce and garnish with scallions.
Serve hot with white rice and a spicy or sweet and sour sauce.